VISIBLE VEINS CAN BE A NUISANCE. NOT ONLY ARE THEY UNATTRACTIVE, BUT THE ACHING, CRAMPING & SWELLING CAN AFFECT YOUR DAILY LIFE.
If you’re looking for a simple, more natural procedure, sclerotherapy might be something you should consider. This treatment is used mostly for the treatment of spider veins. It is an injection of a solution to narrow the veins.
This type of therapy injects a specially made solution directly into your vein, causing it to narrow and disappear gradually—typically within three to six weeks.
This is perhaps the quickest and most affordable outpatient procedure available.
There is minimal discomfort when numbing the area. Most people describe it as slight pressure. After the area is numb, the procedure is virtually painless. Patients can drive themselves home after their procedure and return to their daily activities.
- Treatment Length: 45 minutes or less
- Downtime: Heat or excessive sweating for 24 hours, avoid strenuous exercise for 3 days. Mild bruising. Wear compression socks after 1 week of treatment.
- Sessions required: Depends on the severity
- Discomfort Level: Very minimal (0-2 of 10)
- Results last: Permanent, with touch-up sessions as needed.